INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 13 OF LEGISLATIVE DECREE 196/2003
We wish to inform the user that the Legislative Decree. N. 196 – 30 June 2003 (“Data protection law”) provides that personal data will be processed in full compliance with fundamental freedoms and rights as well as personal dignity, with particular reference to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to protect personal data. Therefore, we point that for “Personal Data” we mean the ones that we absolutely need to detect to process Users’ requirements, to provide services, products and any other kind of request and those voluntarily provided, keeping in mind there is no obligation to provide some data, in accordance with the aforesaid Legislative Decree 196/2003. This page will describe management of our web site as regards processing the personal data of users visiting and accessing the reserved area. This information is provided – also in pursuance of Section 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 – to any entity having to do with the web-based services that are made available by the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (Italian Data Protection Authority) via electronic networks as from the following address:
http://www.metasail.it o www.metasail.com
This information refers only to METEDA Srl therefore it does not apply to other websites that might have been visited by the user through a link. The information provided is also based on the guidelines contained in Recommendation no. 2/2001, which was adopted on 17 May 2001 by the European data protection authorities within the Working Party set up under Article 29 of European Directive 95/46/EC in order to lay down minimum requirements for the collection of personal data online – especially with regard to arrangements, timing and contents of the information to be provided by data controllers to users visiting web pages for whatever purpose.
1 – DATA CONTROLLER
Visiting this site may result into the processing of data concerning identified or identifiable persons. In accordance with Art. 7 of the Legislative Decree. N. 196/2003 you have the right to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or block of data in violation of law and to oppose their treatment for legitimate reasons by contacting the Data Controller for which references are set forth below:
- METEDA Srl
- address: Via Colleoni, 59 – 63074 San Benedetto del Tronto (AP)
- contacts: e-mail email@example.com Telephone: +39 0735 783021
2 – CATEGORIES OF PROCESSED DATA (navigation data)
The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this web site acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols. This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this web site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
These data are only used to extract anonymous statistical information on website use as well as to check its functioning; they are erased immediately after being processed. The data might be used to establish liability in case computer crimes are committed against the website; except for this circumstance, any data on web contacts is currently retained for no longer than seven days.
3 – PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
The processing operations related to the web-based services are carried out at the aforementioned offices of the Data Controller, at the offices of the web manager exclusively by technical staff in charge or else by persons tasked with maintenance activities. No data deriving from the web service will be disseminated. Personal data provided by users who send requests for material about the requested service (or even an informative) will be used only to perform the service, send products and any other kind of request that the Data Controller is able to offer and will be disclosed to third parties only if necessary and functional to what users request. User’s personal data collection and processing will be made in compliance with the general principles of necessity, fairness, and relevance and without excess; particularly the data will be processed:
- a) to answer questions and provide the information requested by Users;
- b) for support requests (ticketing) sent to the customer after entering a business relationship with the company;
- c) inclusion of requests for assistance on our CRM through a switchboard or directly by the customer via website;
- d) to contact the User about the services and / or products provided by METEDA Srl or its business partners;
- e) the “NEWSLETTER” service the User has the right to subscribe to. In case personal data provided by users are provided through subscription to this service, the same will be only used to send the newsletters and will not be disclosed to third parties;
- f) proceedings that are necessary and essential for operational, management, accounting and other concerns. In particular, some data will be used for the recordings and notices required by law;
- g) for customer satisfaction survey of services and products and any other kind of requests, through personal or telephone interviews; h) upon express consent of the User, for purposes connected to business / promotional activities such as commercial communications, sales, advertising material or market research.
4 – DATA VOLUNTARLY SUPPLIED BY USERS
The explicit and voluntary choice made by the User to access the reserved area of this website involves the acquisition of authentication credentials that enable the User to be recognized, continue with this site and access services, products and any other kind of request we can meet.
5 – COOKIES
6 – DATA PROVISION
Subject to the specifications made with regard to navigation data, users are free to provide personal data in the appropriate forms on services, products and any other type of request that the website operator or its commercial partners are able to offer, as well as about the consent to data processing or indicated to request the dispatching of informative material or other communications. Failure to provide such data may entail the failure to be provided with the items requested or to use the services the site manager or its commercial partners are able to provide.
7 – PROCESSING ARRANGEMENTS
Personal data will be processed both manually and/or electronically and will be kept in suitable electronic and/or paper archives. Paper and electronic-based documents will be properly maintained and protected for as long as necessary to treatment using appropriate safety measures so as to minimise the risks of destruction or loss, unauthorised access or non-compliance with the purposes of Collection.
8 – SCOPE OF DISCLOSURE OF PROCESSED DATA
The data collected and processed may be:
- a) used anonymously for statistical purposes;
- b) made available to consultants to the Data Controller, appointed as Persons in Charge of Processing or as Data Processors;
- c) disclosed to third parties, natural or legal persons or public administrations, only if involved with the completion of the required performance and functional, and more generally, to all those public and private bodies which communication is necessary for the proper fulfilment of the purposes indicated in point 2;
- d) transferred to another Data Controller (as independent data controller) for processing operations carried out outside, for those aspects that may affect them and in the modalities provided for by law;
- e) disclosed to business partners, only in case of prior and express consent of the User.
- Personal data will not be disclosed and will be destroyed when we no longer need or are obliged to store them.
9 – DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
Data subjects are entitled at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning them and be informed of their contents and origin, verify their accuracy, or else request that such data be supplemented, updated or rectified (Section 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003).
The above Section also provides for the right to request erasure, anonymization or blocking of any data that is processed in breach of the law as well as to object in all cases, on legitimate grounds, to processing of the data
All rights under art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 may be exercised by making an informal request to the Data Controller – whose references are available in paragraph 1 – also through a person in charge. The request will be acknowledged without delay. Bearing in mind that the current development status of automatic verification mechanisms is such as not to allow ruling out errors and malfunctioning, it is specified that this document may be subjected to updates.
(Document updated on 29/03/2014)